10 questions to ask VCs - when you're raising seed
- How do you handle bad news?
- How many deals do you make in a year?
- What percentage of those deals do you invest in subsequent rounds?
- How many boards do you sit on?
- If I were to ask one of your founders what your strengths and weaknesses are, what would they say?
- What are the metrics you're looking for in a company to invest in their Series A?
- Talk to founders they funded that had to shut down or sold early, ask how they behaved
- What companies in the portfolio do you think we could partner with? Also talk with those related in the portfolio.
- How much money do you usually allocate to invest in future rounds?(per company)
- What is his/her mode of communication?